The clock stopped ticking in the middle of their main course. It ruthlessly stopped. His harsh voice along with the unforgivable words betrayed his beatific face. Let's break up. That was Siwon told Yeori, the girl she was dating for almost two years. Let's break up.
The steak almost untouched did not leave Yeori's eyes. She could not seem to look at other things, neither move or lift even a finger. She could not move. Not even utter a single word. Let's break up. Why? Have I done something wrong? Siwon, on the opposite side, looking intently at her, patiently waiting for her to speak, even though he had already made up his mind. He took a sip from his wine glass, closed his eyes and opened them again. Truthfully, he could not breathe. Let's break up. Three words he had regretted the moment it spilled from his mouth.
Take it back. Yeori's eyes were saying when her sight left the steak and turned to Siwon, scrutinizing his every movement. And his eyes. She knew them well; she could tell the truth and lies from them, but the moment she set her eyes on him, he blinked and turned his head away.
"Why?" She asked, with trembling voice and warning tears.
"I'm seeing another girl. I think I like her." He answered. His voice was full of clarity and conviction... and a subtle lie. "She is beautiful, smart... and rich. My parents like her too." He continued, he let his eyes meet hers. Because the last thing he said was true, that his parents liked that girl so much. That the girl was beautiful, smart and most importantly rich. Sadly, Yeori was not, to be important.
He met her at his father's birthday celebration, where all the executives and top performers of the company were all present. He preferred a simple dinner, a more intimate time with the members of the family. The moment he saw the faces of people, who just came there out of obligation and to earn commendation from his father, he wanted to run away. However, a single song made him endure the long night. Yeori sang it.
Long seconds had passed, he could not hear anything from her. If he could be honest with himself, he would ask her to sing that song again. He could have kissed her and told her he loved her the most. But he couldn't. So, he stood up, moved his neck a bit and loosened his tie. He still could not breathe. Her silence was killing her. "I'd better go." He said and walked away from her, not looking back.
She heard his footsteps, it gradually fading into the melody coming from the piano, playing music of love and romance, the happy ever afters, fairy tales, those things she had high hopes with but did not make sense to her now. She opened her mouth, mustered all her strength, her voice chased after his footsteps. "You'll regret this."
I know. Siwon said to himself.
-------------------------------------
The sight of her doctor disgusted her. Not because he was wearing only a crew-neck shirt paired with chino shorts. Because he was her step-brother. After checking her temperature, Joongki smiled at her, pulling over the blanket.
"You should rest a bit more, Gain ssi." His warm voice said.
"If you don't have anything more to say, you may leave Doctor Song." Her cold voice replied, staring blankly at the pictures posted on her wall she took by herself.
"Joongki. Please call me Joongki."
"Why? Because you are part of my family? And what's next? You will ask me to call your mother, Omma?" She turned her head away from the sea of pictures and set her eyes blazed of infuriating fire on Joongki.
"I don't mean that-" Joongki wanted to tell her things to subside her hatred but he did not know where to begin. For a long time, he wanted to tell her how much he cared for her, more than a brotherly love. However, like an ice her cold stare melted down, her tears now touching her cheeks down to her chin, prevented him to say anything.
"Remember the first time we met, there were guys who were beating you up to death. There was blood on your face, you looked so vulnerable. I was conscience-stricken when my car passed by, so I asked my driver to stop and helped you. Abeoji instantly liked you, he said you're smart. I was really happy, I thought I found a friend, who told me I was the most beautiful when I smile. From then, I smiled more."
"Gain ssi..."
"Now, I think I couldn't do it. Ever since my father married your mother, I couldn't do it." She reproachfully told him, then wiped off her tears with the back of her hands, eradicating them for they showed weakness and vulnerability, a sign of defeat. She pulled over the blanket up to her face, "Leave." Joongki left her room, as soon as he packed all his tools, he never said anything, but Gain felt how much he was hurt. She removed the blanket off her face, covering it with her hands, she let the tears fall freely, admitting how vulnerable and how weak she was.
-------------------------------------
Politicians, Businessmen, Socialites, people of High Society, they all joined together to celebrate the 25th Birthday of Lee Minhee, Jay Y. Lee's daughter, President of Samsung Electronics. Epicureans loved the buffet at every Samsung party, people of great ambitions love the connections they hoped to build inside the Samsung influence, and paparazzi love every action of Lee Minhee, the richest daughter, known for being Paris Hilton of Korea.
Minhee was involved in many controversies and Samsung had spent a fortune for covering all her faults. She was a spoiled brat, sheltered, and a heiress who did not belong to earth. She hated tours in their factories, worrying that the working class people would touch her Hermes bag, or they ripped off her Chanel skirt for she thought, they were so envious. Good thing, Minho, her older brother, offset the people's perception about Jay Lee's children. He was the exact opposite.
People were also excited of the big announcement, Jay Lee was about to make. There were rumors about the engagement of Minhee. People were so curious who the lucky guy would be, marrying a chaebol like Samsung was like marrying the Royal Family.
Aside from Lee Minhee, people were looking forward to Chung Gain, her half sister and the daughter of Chung Euisun, President of Hyundai. There were circulating rumors about Gain's health, a bad omen for succession.
After long hours of people chattering, indulging themselves with abundant food and good wine, Jay Y. Lee, escorting Minhee on stage, got all the attention. Though, years robbed him of his youth, his handsome face remained. He tapped the microphone and began to speak. "I would like to thank you all for coming to my Minhee's birthday. It seems like yesterday when I carried her in my arms singing lullabies to send her off to sleep. Now, look at her, a woman already, very beautiful. Well, I guess beauty runs in the family." He chuckled at his own humor, it was contagious that people laughed after. "Having a degree from Harvard, I couldn't ask for more for Minhee, now, she is free to live her life. When I asked her what she wanted to do, she answered me with straightforward honesty. She wants to marry that guy." Jay Lee pointed at the man sitting next to Minho. "Friends, I would like to introduce my daughter's fiance Choi Siwon, whose father is also a good friend of mine."
Cheers, applause, the people gone wild after Jay Lee's announcement. Behind the bushes, Geum Bomin was feasting over her shots that would surely cost a fortune. She kissed her camera and hugged it like her own child. However, her adrenaline peaked when a voice interrupted her happiness, it was a caveat of law charges normal to a paparazzi.
"Who are you?" Asked the man. Instead of fear, she was dazzled by this man's beauty.
Links
Something
Powered by Blogger.
Labels (list)
- Chaebol (2)
- Choi Siwon (4)
- family (4)
- fan fiction (4)
- fiction (5)
- Im Siwan (1)
- Lee Minho (1)
- lee seunggi (1)
- literature (1)
- love (2)
- melodrama (3)
- romance (3)
- Song Joongki (3)
- South Korea (1)
- story (4)
- The Heiress (5)
- Uhm Taewoong (1)
About Me
- divmoes
- a student of History and Literature. Bibliophile and Korean in past life.
Office
About Us
Labels (cloud)
- Chaebol (2)
- Choi Siwon (4)
- family (4)
- fan fiction (4)
- fiction (5)
- Im Siwan (1)
- Lee Minho (1)
- lee seunggi (1)
- literature (1)
- love (2)
- melodrama (3)
- romance (3)
- Song Joongki (3)
- South Korea (1)
- story (4)
- The Heiress (5)
- Uhm Taewoong (1)
0 comments: